Luxury Travel Manager (Operations)
Marchay is a private, membership-based luxury travel company. Our members, who are interviewed before acceptance, are some of the highest spending and most sophisticated travelers in the market. We are set up to be the one place where our members and their families are serviced on all their high-end travel needs.
As a Travel Manager on the operations team you will be at the core of the group and must be well versed execution of various high-end travel arrangements including luxury hotel reservations, DMC itinerary creation, concierge arrangements and crafting personalized leisure experiences. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked as a luxury travel agent and can hit the ground running.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be creative and design custom itineraries and unique travel experiences globally.
- Work with the best hotels, villa suppliers, DMC's and local fixers globally.
- Research, recommend, and execute urban travel reservations with skill, ease and confidence.
- Tap your love for travel; provide targeted travel intelligence and advice tailored to each specific member needs.
- Be proactive & creative; seek out solutions off the books when needed.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- You have 2+ years of experience planning luxury travel either as an IC or employee.
- Bachelor's degree.
- You have excellent taste & product knowledge. You understand the nuances, i.e the difference between the Connaught and the Beaumont in London.
- You are well versed working with luxury hotels, first & business class air, DMC's etc.
- You have a demonstrated ability to deliver a great client experience with ease and grace.
- You have a sophisticated understanding of a high-end consumer’s lifestyle and travel trends.
- Your friendly and vivacious personality shines through with your excellent verbal and written communications.
- Sabre GDS Knowledge is a plus, but not a requirement.
- An opportunity to be part a groundbreaking and new model in luxury travel
- A real say in the future of the business — you'll be a valued member of the team whose ideas about how to improve our service will be vital to our success.
- Work alongside an elite team passionate about their profession.
- Competitive compensation package
- A rich benefit package including excellent healthcare with $0 deductible, 401K and other benefits