Junior Luxury Travel Operations Manager
Marchay is a private, membership-based luxury travel company for CEOs, business owners, entrepreneurs and leaders in a variety of fields. Our members, who are interviewed before acceptance, are the highest spending and most sophisticated travelers in the market. We are set up to be the one place where our members and their families plan and book all of their travel, both for work and leisure.
Marchay is unique in that we take a fiduciary approach to travel service. Our advisors have no commission-based compensation, and are not encouraged to “sell” travel, but only to help our members maximize the value and experience of their travel in a personal way. You can fully trust our recommendations as a partner rather than just a mere vendor.
Membership includes an unbiased, non-commission influenced service by a dedicated team of experts spearheaded by your senior travel manager, unlimited bespoke trip planning, restaurants & events, a curated global network of local fixers & operators, 24/7 support, a first & business flight-team, and members-only proprietary benefits access to what we believe is the most comprehensive luxury hotel program in the industry, with privately negotiated rates at the top luxury hotels in most major cities, globally, along with contracted rates for international first and business airfares. Rates alone save a multiple of the membership fee.
As a members-only community, prospective members must apply and be accepted to join. We are focused on maintaining a diverse, high-quality membership base.
As a Junior Luxury Travel Manager, you will be providing direct assistance and research support to the senior team members. The ideal candidate is either someone who is already in a junior role in luxury travel, or someone with a keen interest to enter the luxury travel planning industry. You must be highly-structured and process oriented to be successful in this role. For the right candidate the role will grow into a Senior Luxury Travel Manager position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work directly with one or two Senior Travel Managers supporting them in providing excellent service to their members.
- Tap your love for travel; provide targeted travel research and intelligence tailored to each specific member and trip.
- Correspond with suppliers (tour guides, ground operators, etc) to check rates and availability and coordinate optimal logistics.
- Serve as point-person for all concierge related services for the members.
- Coordinate and make pre-arrival arrangements with luxury hotels.
- Craft and edit detailed trip itineraries.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- You have a passion for travel, specifically in the luxury segment.
- You have, at minimum, basic knowledge of the differences between top luxury properties in major cities.
- You are highly structured, detailed and process-oriented.
- You have the ability to multitask and prioritize while working on tight deadlines.
- You have the passion for delivering a great client experience.
- You have a good understanding of a high-end travelers lifestyle and needs.
- You perform well under pressure and adapt to quick turnaround requests.
- You are proactive & creative; you can seek out solutions off the books when needed.
- Your friendly and great personality shines through your excellent verbal and written communication.
- An opportunity to be part of a groundbreaking, new model in luxury travel.
- Learn and work alongside some of the most talented travel advisors in the luxury travel industry.
- Competitive fixed compensation package plus bonus.
- A rich benefit package including excellent healthcare, 401K and other benefits.
- Opportunity to attend luxury travel industry events with major players in the hospitality industry.