Luxury Travel Operations Manager
Marchay is a private, membership-based luxury travel company for CEOs, business owners, entrepreneurs and leaders in a variety of fields. Our members, who are interviewed before acceptance, are the highest spending and most sophisticated travelers in the market. We are set up to be the one place where our members and their families plan and book all of their travel, both for work and leisure.
Marchay is unique in that we take a fiduciary approach to travel service. Our advisors have no commission-based compensation, and are not encouraged to “sell” travel, but only to help our members maximize the value and experience of their travel in a personal way. You can fully trust our recommendations as a partner rather than just a mere vendor.
Membership includes an unbiased, non-commission influenced service by a dedicated team of experts spearheaded by your senior travel manager, unlimited bespoke trip planning, restaurants & events, a curated global network of local fixers & operators, 24/7 support, a first & business flight-team, and members-only proprietary benefits access to what we believe is the most comprehensive luxury hotel program in the industry, with privately negotiated rates at the top luxury hotels in most major cities, globally, along with contracted rates for international first and business airfares. Rates alone save a multiple of the membership fee.
As a members-only community, prospective members must apply and be accepted to join. We are focused on maintaining a diverse, high-quality membership base.
As a Luxury Travel Operations Manager, you will be at the core of the group and must be well-versed execution of various high-end travel arrangements including luxury hotel reservations, DMC itinerary creation, concierge arrangements and crafting personalized leisure experiences. You will be responsible for managing the workflow of all travel arrangements for your group's members. You will work collaboratively with the Senior Luxury Travel Manager and the Junior Luxury Travel Operations Manager to improve and develop processes and procedures to effectively exceed the members' expectations. You will also be a point of contact for the member and have plenty of room for growth, both, within the team and company.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in luxury travel for at least three years and can hit the ground running.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage the operational workflow between the team for members’ travel arrangements.
- Work alongside senior travel managers planning custom itineraries and unique travel experiences globally.
- Research, recommend, and execute travel reservations with skill, ease and confidence.
- Tap your love for travel; provide targeted travel intelligence and advice tailored to each specific members' needs.
- Be proactive & creative; seek out solutions off the books when needed.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- Bachelor's degree.
- You have 3+ years of experience planning luxury travel either as an independent contractor or employee.
- You have excellent taste & product knowledge. You understand the nuances, i.e the difference between the Connaught and the Beaumont in London.
- You are well-versed working with luxury hotels, first & business class air, destination management companies, etc.
- You have a demonstrated ability to deliver a great client experience with ease and grace.
- You have a sophisticated understanding of a high-end consumer’s lifestyle and travel trends.
- Your friendly and vivacious personality shines through with your excellent verbal and written communications.
- Sabre GDS Knowledge is a plus, but not a requirement.
- An opportunity to be part a groundbreaking, new model in luxury travel.
- Learn and work alongside some of the most talented travel advisors in the luxury travel industry.
- Competitive fixed compensation package plus bonus.
- A real say in the future of the business — you'll be a valued member of the team whose ideas on improving our service will be vital to our success.
- A rich benefit package including excellent healthcare, 401K and other benefits.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!